GAMMOPOLY: The Game of Life for Adult Education
The project “Gammopoly – The game of life for adult education” is a project of strategic partnership in adult education field. The main aim is to facilitate the access of adults to inovative methods of nonformal education, through which they can develop key competencies and life abilities for a better insertion on the labour market, that is more and more focused on technology and continuous training.
The project face the need of adults to be continuously focused on their personal, professional and familial development, so they can have healthy decisions for their lifes.
Another important need is the one of the specialists in adult education, which don’t have very extended tools for personal development of adults, including the development of social skills, key competencies and abilities for a healthy lifestyle.
To answering these needs and problems, facilitate of development of key competencies on the labour market and Increasing working competencies of adult educators for developing new activities in order to integrate better adults with lower levels of key competencies, the project gammopoly proposed an innovative methodology – a boardgame named GAMMOPOLY, a boardgame that should simulate reality and crises situations in lifespan (from the psychological development of the person and the family cycle) through which the participants develop abilities like team work, negotiation at the work place and with family, taking responsibility for different roles played throughout life, conflict resolution skills, time management and responsible resource management, with emphasis on reducing consumerism. The innovative methdology will include a toolkit with recomandations for the professionals which are working with people facing difficulties (as disabilities, refugees, migrants, persons with lower socio-economic background).
The duration of the project will be 20 months.
Goals and objectives:
The main objectives of the project are:
– The facilitation of development of key competencies on the labour market, through a boardgame that simulates reality and crises situations in lifespan.
– Increasing working competencies of adult educators (psychologists, psychotherapists, coach, carrer counselors, trainers, human resources specialists) for developing new activities in order to integrate better adults with lower levels of key competencies.
– Incresing the organisational capacity for the 5 european organisations for developing toolkits and instruments they can use in their daily work and extending the activities with adults with fewer opportunities on the labour market, promoting social inclusion.
AICSCC - Gamma Institute (Coordinator) - Iași, Romania
Aspaym Castilla y Leon - Valladolid, Spain
CheckIn Association - Beja, Portugal
CEIPES - Palermo, Italy
IAiRS - Lublin, Poland
What we did since now?
- Documentation about family life stages and competences needed by adults to integrate easier on labour marker and to find balance between familial and professional life
- Boardgame GAMMOPOLY - draft version
Read our materials: