Radio Theater: Tales of the Quarantine
Project Number: 2020-1-ES02-KA227-YOU-016757
Duration: June 2021 - September 2022
Funded by: Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union - Strategic Partnership
Coordinator: Youth Council of Castilla y León Youth – Spain
Partners: AICSCC - Gamma Institute (Romania), CEIPES (Italy), ASPAYM Castilla y Leon (Spain), Rosto Solidario (Portugal)
The project "Radio Theater: Tales of the Quarantine" seeks to provide youth workers and social educators with new tools that allow them to improve the skills of young people in terms of creativity, public speaking, teamwork, body expression, artistic expression, management of times, self-knowledge, new technologies and electronic resources.
The main objective of this project is based on creating a strategic association to promote creative and artistic skills (body expression, self-knowledge, narrative, public speaking, theatrical) in the field of work with the youth population, especially with young people with fewer opportunities, in order to to develop, test and implement innovative methods through the use of radio and theater as a creative educational tool. These methods are intended to improve the competences of youth by promoting their skills, abilities and values, favoring learning and key competences through the use of digital tools, especially important in the situation of social distancing caused by Covid-19.
Thus, the project has three main objectives:
1. To create innovative practices in the youth field through the development of a methodology based on theatre and radio, to acquire key competencies and artistic skills generating creative responses focused on learning through digital tools.
2. To increase the possibilities of transferring and spreading innovative methodologies and non-formal education among youth workers and educators, using an intellectual production to which they can access understanding how to develop and improve skills in response to the new reality generated by the Covid-19 crisis, betting on digitalization and the need for creative solutions.
3. To promote the organizational development of 5 entities from 4 different countries, with different cultural experiences and backgrounds, strengthening their strategic partnership, developing and disseminating the intellectual product created in the field of youth education and creativity.
The main activities are:
- The development of an Intellectual Output involving the recording of 5 stories composed of 10 20-minute episodes and the elaboration of a Handbook.
- The organization of virtual trainings for the professionalization of workers, trainers and staff working with young people in Spain, Portugal, Italy and Romania.
- The presentation of the results obtained at the end of the project with consequent dissemination of the use of radio and theatre as a suitable methodology for those working with young people to develop their creativity and acquire new skills related to the use of body language, artistic expression and the application of new technologies.