RE-CONSTRUCT: Life & Mind Together
Project Number: 2020-1-RO01-KA204-080317
Duration: January 2021 - December 2022
Funded by: Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union - Strategic Partnership
Coordinator: GAMMA Institute (Romania)
Partners: CEIPES (Italy), ASPAYM Castilla y Leon (Spain), Check-In Association (Portugal), Institute of Animation and Social Development (Poland)
“RE-CONSTRUCT: Life & Mind together” is a two-year strategic partnership project that brings together five partners from five different European countries (Romania, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Poland). The project aims to facilitate the reconstruction of adult life on a personal, family, professional and social level in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. People across the world have suffered in all aspects of their lives as a result of the pandemic, and many have not had skills and tools available to them for coping with these consequences. This has left many adults’ lives in need of support and “re-constructing”, while many organisations working with adults on a psycho-social level could also benefit from guidelines and tools to help these people address the issues that have emerged.
Thus, the project has three main objectives:
- First, as a psychological intervention for emergency situations, the projects aims to develop a mobile app to be used by adults. The app with help combat anxiety, and will promote a healthy lifestyle, effective decision making skills, and physical, mental, emotional and relational prevention mechanisms as part of the daily routine.
- Second, a psychological intervention, adapted to different socio-economic contexts and different target groups, will be developed and disseminated through a web platform – with materials in 6 languages (English, Roman, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Polish).
- Third, the project aims to improve the capacity of the partner organisation to provide psychological support in crisis situations, and to train others, including volunteers, to deliver the outputs of the project to those in need
The intelectual outputs (results) are focusing to achieve the goal of the project, namely to contribute to the reconstruction of the personal, professional, family and social lives of people. As the issue addressed by this project is an unprecedented one in the context of Erasmus, the intervention methodology will be completely new, but adapted to the latest scientific research in the field, in compliance with WHO provisions on recommendations to the population. This intellectual product is basically a publication that includes:
1. Needs analysis - will include the following aspects: psychological, professional, social and economic effects on the adult population. The first step in the needs analysis is to document the effects, as the theory shows, then to develop a questionnaire that includes the investigation of all these branches. You can complete the questionnaire HERE
2. Intervention curriculum - psychological support during the crisis and in the post-crisis period - refers to an algorithm that determines the improvement of the psychological state of adults and the development of life skills to help them rebuild their lives, to improve their style. life (returning to a stage of stability) and to contribute to the reconstruction of the society and the community in which they live, through different initiatives, according to the possibilities and abilities they have. We aim to improve and develop the following aspects and life skills:
- mental control - awareness of thoughts and psychoeducation on the link between thought-emotion-behavior (+ decision for a certain behavior) and management of automatic thoughts and cognitive distortions, which often give rise to intense emotions, maladaptive, leading to decisions under the emotional impulse of the moment
- emotional management and healthy coping mechanisms in situations of high stress - relaxation exercises, awareness of emotions, normalization of intense emotions in conditions of stress or crisis and methods to change the emotional state
- regaining the feeling of control over one's own life
- psycho-professional counseling and methodology for reconversion and discovery of one's own professional path
- psychoeducation in relational health - what it means to communicate effectively with others, roles within the family and society
- building a life plan in which prevention for physical, mental, emotional and relational health takes precedence. Prevention methods will also be discussed on all these levels.
3. RE-CONSTRUCT mobile application is an application intended for any adult, regardless of age or socio-cultural and educational environment, which aims to implement the program of psychological intervention in crisis and post-crisis, so as to achieve a balance between personal, professional, family and social life, integrating a new lifestyle that prioritizes prevention in order to maintain physical, mental, emotional and relational health.
The project is co-financed by the European Union through Erasmus Plus program.